- Set up your arch shooting drill with your arch surrounding the 18 yard box.
- Have 4 v 4 playing inside of the box (vary depending on how many players you have).
- Select 1 of the 2 teams to be attacking until all of the balls are used.
- Space out 8-10 balls around the edge of the arch.
- Attacking team must retrieve ONE ball, and attack to goal using it until goal is scored or ball is out of play.
- Once goal or ball out of play, attacking team retrieves another ball along the arch, continuing until all balls have been used.
- Upon completion, reset the balls and switch the attacking/defending teams.
-Keep track of goals and use as a competition between the 2 teams.
- Defenders need to clear the ball outside of arch for ball to be considered out of play.
- Expect accurate, high quality shots on goal.
- Players should be driven to get as many goals as possible.
- Players should retrieve ball and attack with pace and urgency.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Play 5 v 4, or 6 v 4 to increase success for attackers, difficulty for defenders - Play 4 v 4 but have 2-4 more players spaced around the arch. Players with the ball can pass to the outer players (1 touch only) who are supporting players for the attackers. - All attackers MUST sprint to arch before attacking with the next ball to add a fitness aspect to this.
Total time estimated:
- 10 minutes for these arch shooting drills.