- Set up this defensive game by having circle of attacking players, playing keep away from 1 defender.
- Mark out a small box in the middle of the circle.
- Attackers play keep away from the defender.
- Attackers try to make a successful pass through the central box to get a point.
- Defender tries to win the ball, and prevent the cross circle pass.
- Defender cannot enter the box to block passes.
- Attackers should make a few short passes to drag the defender in, and then look to make the cross circle pass when the opportunity presents itself (players should not force that pass).
- Attackers should all be on their toes, not flat footed prepared for any pass.
- Attackers should communicate for the passes.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Add a second defender, slightly increasing the size of the circle.
Total time estimated:
- 5-7 minutes for this defensive game for soccer.