- For follow the leader have players in teams of 3 or 4, each player with a ball.
- Set up a large grid for players to dribble within, 20 x 30 yards.
- Players dribble in a line with their 3-4 players, following the first player in line.
- Head of each line can change speeds and directions to increase difficulty for rest of line.
- Switch the players at the head of the line every 60-90 seconds.
- Players should dribble with their ball close to them, so they can change direction quickly and dribble in control.
- Encourage players to use left and right feet as they dribble (No toes to kick the ball!).
- Players should dribble to large empty areas in the grid, looking for space and avoiding other players.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- The coach calls out specific moves and/or directions to have the all the lines do.
Total time estimated:
- 5-7 minutes for kids to follow the leader.