- Set up this possession soccer drill with a 20 x 20 grid, either 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 inside the grid.
- Have 4 players outside of the grid acting as support players.
- Team with the ball is the attacking team looking to possess the ball.
- If ball is turned over, that team then now keeps the ball.
- Use outside players as support players to help possess the ball.
- Time limit then rotate 1 inside team out, and outside team in.
- Inside players should be moving constantly, looking to change their pace to find space and get into good angles of support.
- Outside players can move along their side to give a good angle.
- If inside attacking team can keep the ball long enough to have all 4 inside players get a touch of the ball, they get a point.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Limit outside players to 1 touch.
- Limit inside players to 2 touch.
Total time estimated:
- 10 minutes for this possession soccer drill.