- For short short long, have your players in groups of 3, 1 ball per group.
- Players A+C should be roughly 30-40 yards apart, with B in the middle.
- Player A passes to B, B passes back on an angle to A, A plays a long ball to C. A follows pass to support C, B takes spot of A. Then C passes to A, A lays off on an angle to C, C plays long ball to B, C follows pass, A takes spot of C.
- Inside player makes quick run to support outside player.
- Ball should be laid off at an angle, not directly back to outside player.
- Players should communicate for the ball.
- Players should use both feet, alternating right then left is good practice.
- All passes should be firm and accurate.
- Outside players should take 2 touch, inside player 1 touch.
- This should be done with very high quality and efficiency.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- All players use 1 touch.
- Add a passive defender covering any middle player.
Total time estimated:
- 5-7 minutes.