- Simple to set up, passing tag just needs a large grid and low ball to player ratio.
- Designate 2 players to be the defenders/taggers.
- Attackers move around the grid looking for open space away from defenders.
- Taggers cannot tag a player dribbling a soccer ball.
- Players must communicate and pass the balls to save teammates.
- Switch defenders after 60-90 seconds.
- Attackers should constantly be moving and looking for open space away from defenders.
- Attackers should avoid being bunched up, coach good spacing while staying away from defenders.
- Communication is a key to success.
- Count how many players get tagged, and see which group of 2 does best.
- Reduce soccer balls.
- Add a defender.
- Limit attackers to 2 touch.
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for this soccer passing tag drill.