- Set up for this 1v1 skills drill with 3 players and 1 ball per group.
- Channels should be 10 yards wide and 25 yards long.
- Central box approximately 10 yards in length.
- Player A dribbles and must attempt to beat the defender and successfully get the ball to the other side.
- If successful, player passes to player B and B then attacks. B will go twice in a row to keep drill repetitive and flowing.
- After 60 seconds swap through the defenders.
- Attackers should utilize a change of pace to beat the defender.
- Attackers should attempt a variety of moves to beat the defender.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Scrimmage but add extra points for successful moves completed to beat a defender.
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for this 1v1 with defender soccer drill.