- Your 2 line warmup are just 2 even lines, jogging across the field and back, or around it.
- Players maintain a jog pace a few steps apart from player ahead of them.
- The coach, or one player is in charge of leading this, calling out instructions.
- Example: Jogging across sideline to sideline, captain leads the warm up. He/she calls out jump, right/left hand to the ground, and players respond in unison. Captain calls out back to front, and on "GO" back 2 players sprint to the front.
- All players warming up together, should maintain same pace.
- Back to front, back players sprint to the front.
- Front to back, front players sprint forward 5 yards, then backwards to end of line.
- Spread players 5 yards apart as they jog, and back player sprints weaving inbetween each player in his/her line until reaching the front, or front turns and weaves to back.
- Side to side, players skip side step facing sideways, then flip.
- Use this as a fitness drill towards end of a soccer practice, can extend to longer then 10 minutes for more fitness.
- Any footwork/exercise you can try incorporating into this type of drill, experiment!
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for this team 2 line warm-up.