Set up 3v3 game as a typical scrimmage.
- 3 players on each team, plus 1 extra neutral player that is always on whichever team that has the ball.
- Let the kids play a 3 v 3 game but the attacking team will always have an extra player to allow for more options, and more success.
- Designate the neutral player by wearing a different colour vest.
- Rotate every few minutes so all players get to play that role.
- Coach the shapes players should use, triangles and diamonds.
- These 2 shapes should always provide a minimum of 2 passing options, and encourages good supporting angles.
- Small sided games like 3 v 3 allows for players to constantly be involved and getting lots of touches on the ball.
- Remember, encourage successes!
Total time estimated:
- 10 minutes for this 3v3 game.