A Bit of Information About the Writer and Owner of this Website on Soccer
Hi there, my name is Giles.
Soccer is a fantastic game and I want to tell you and tell the world how to train for it and play it!
When coaching soccer players, whether they be an U6 team, youth or senior players, I get great pleasure at the end of a session or game in seeing the smiles on their faces and eagerness to return for more.
Why, you ask, do I have the experience and knowledge to guide you in your successful soccer journey?
- I have a Bachelor of Sports Science (Coaching), UNITEC, Auckland; and a Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Secondary), Auckland College of Education, NZ.
- My work has been mainly as a Health and Physical Education Instructor at top Auckland, NZ schools at both primary and secondary level across indoor and outdoor activities.
- I've been responsible for teaching and hands-on experience in the areas of sports; fitness; health and safety and injury prevention and management.
- Coaching? I've done it along with team training and managing, including:
- Coaching Under 11 Soccer Teams
- Coached 1st Division Bay Olympic Women's soccer team
- Coached U15 Auckland Women's Regional Championship team in 2001
- Coached St Paul's 2nd division rugby team
- Team Manager, Onehunga Soccer Team
- Assistant High Performance Manager, Soccer New Zealand
- Coaching Table Tennis Team, Sunderland College
- Organising Sports Day for Primary School, Sunderland College
- Indoor Soccer Refereeing and Team Organizing for evening games, YMCA Auckland City Centre
I believe sport and health go hand in hand for a successful outcome, so I enjoy the rewards of a healthy, mainly raw diet; as well as keeping fit... some highlights:
- Trained for and ran a sub 33 minute, 10 km race
- Completed BMW Auckland half marathon in 1hr 22 minutes
- Participated successfully in sprint triathlons
- Completed 4.5km Rangitoto swim in 1hr 11 minutes
- Played 2nd division soccer in Australia
- Played Northern 3rd soccer for Bay Olympic soccer team
I believe that physical education develops and fosters self-esteem, leadership, a sense of belonging, social relationships, teamwork, co-operation, competition and challenges... and soccer is the ideal sport to play.
Let's go kick a ball together!
HOME page: Soccer Playing Guide