- Set up arch support with 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 inside of a arch that encompasses the 18 yard box.
- 1 team of Attackers, 1 team of Defenders, and Supporting players outside the grid.
- Designate 1 team to attack, 1 team to defend for a time duration.
- Players on the outside are on the attacking team and can make an attacking run into the box ONLY if an inside player leaves the grid.
- Players should communicate constantly as players make educated attacking runs into space.
- Interchanging players should get better and become smooth as players move in and out of the grid - Players should have high level of success once they understand when and where successful runs generate from.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Have a goal on the side line of the field 30 yards out from the end line. Defenders that win the ball must look to clear the ball through the goal with a long ball. This simulates a quick, low risk counter attack out of the back line when under pressure.
Total time estimated:
- 10-15 minutes for this arch support attacking drill.