- Change of pace just needs a ball per player, inside a 25 x 25 yard grid marked by cones.
- Players dribble inside practicing soccer moves and turns.
- On your call of "GO" players accelerate to an outer cone, perform a move/turn, and speed up back into the grid and continue dribbling.
- There should be a clear acceleration between dribbling inside and accelerating to the outer area.
- Dribbling should be at a jog, allowing players to work on moves/turns at a slower speed.
- Players should try to keep their head up as much as possible while dribbling and accelerating
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Build to a 1v1 exercise that focuses on using the same basis for success.
Total time estimated:
- 5-7 minutes for Change of pace soccer.