- Set up this defence to attack exercise with 2 teams of 4-8 players each.
- Have 1 goalie in a large goal, and small goals high and wide.
- Field approximately half a field, but smaller with less players.
- Play starts from the goalie passing to a defender.
- Defending players must attack wide towards the small goals.
- Offense attacks towards the big goal.
- When attacking from the back line, defenders should look to use width, and avoid moving the ball directly in front of their own goal.
- Defenders should look for opportunities to quickly counter attack.
- Defenders should act as an accordion, spreading out wide with the ball, and condensed without the ball reducing opponent scoring chances.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Add a neutral player who is on whichever team that has the ball.
- Add a central line that all defenders must be past for a goal to count.
Total time estimated:
- 10 minutes for this defense to attack drill.