- Set up this dribbling skills drill with half of your players spread on one end of a box, and the other half on one side of the box.
- Every player needs a ball.
- On your call, players in group A + B begin to dribble across to the side opposite to their starting line.
- Players must avoid all other players en route to other side.
- Players must dribble with their head up, and try to avoid looking down at the ball during dribbling to increase awareness.
- Players should look for holes/space and use a change of pace to accelerate into those areas.
- Players will need to begin very slowly to avoid collisions with other players, but as they get more comfortable the speed can increase.
- Players should use all parts of their feet; inside, outside, laces.
- Encourage players to not stop while dribbling, rather change direction to the right or left to find space.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Track for points for the quickest player across, deduct a point if a ball is contacted by another player/ball.
- Have team A versus team B. As they dribble across they can kick another ball out, but they can only move forward and sideways, not backwards as they dribble.
Total time estimated:
- 5-7 minutes for this Criss cross dribbling skill.