- For this give and go drill, put your players in groups of 2, with one ball per group.
- Set up several small gates that players will be passing through, at least 1 per the amount of pairs you have.
- Players must make 3 passes back and forth through a gate, and then sprint/dribble to another gate and continue until time expires.
- Teams of 2 must try to get through as many gates as possible.
- Run for 60 seconds, then rest for 30 seconds, repeat.
- Players need to always be moving, and communicating which gate is next.
- Passes must be crisp, and along the ground.
- Players will begin to fatigue as time progresses so ensure quality does not suffer as a result.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Add a passive defender that tries to interrupt players as they dribble to the next gate, players cannot be tackled once they make 1 pass through a gate.
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for Give and Go passes.