- This goal line corner kick play uses 6-7 attackers into the box.
- 1 player on the corner, and 2 more defenders we assume marking 1 striker.
- Players 1, 2, 3, 5 all begin on the goal line.
- Player 4 just a few yards off of the goal line at the back post.
- Player 6 at the penalty spot.
- Player 7 out wide making a late run to show for a short corner.
- This starting point makes it difficult for defenders to know where the runs will be made.
- Top picture is starting point, 2nd picture is where runs are finished.
- 1-6 players as they corner taker proceeds towards the ball, will make a 5-7 yard sprint at an angle away from the ball, and then sprint towards finishing point.
- Player 7 sprints to show late for the ball as a short corner.
- 1 finishes at the corner of the 6 yard box to flick a near post ball onwards.
- 2 finishes near the line at the near post.
- 3 finishes central on the 6 yard box.
- 4 finishes slightly behind the back post on the 6 yard box.
- 5 finishes 12 yards high, outside of the back post, not allowing anything to carry out past that area, but can continue run 12 yards high more centrally depending on where the ball is coming into.
- 6 finishes a few yards outside of the 18 yard box, and must 1 touch drive towards goal any ball that comes out. This player should NEVER take a player on in order to prevent an outnumbered counter attack.
- If a short corner occurs, all players should repeat the initial runs and not stand in one place.
Total time estimated:
- 10-15 minutes teaching time.