- Kick over cones needs a circle set up same size as centre circle.
- Every players needs a ball.
- Place orange cones in the middle. Distance should be achievable, but slightly difficult for the players.
- On your call, players kick the ball at once trying to knock over the central cones.
- After all balls have stopped, you call allowing players to run and retrieve the closest ball and return to original position.
- Repeat until all cones are knocked over.
- Encourage players to take shots with proper kicking technique (no toe kicks).
- Remember, encourage your young players!
- Set up teams, have each team with their own circle and cones, teams kick on your call as before.
- Do the drill using only proper throw in techniques.
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for this kick over cones drill.