- For numbers game, set up a field roughly 20 by 30 yards.
- Set up teams, and number each player on each team 1-5 (go higher if need be)- Players start by standing on the goal line of their goal.
- Kick a ball into the field, and you call out a number.
- Player of that number on each team come out and play 1 v 1 trying to score.
- Players not called act as goalies, but cannot leave the goal line.
- If you call out another number, players leave ball where it is, run back to goal line and the number called out comes out to play 1 v 1.
- Just keep simple and fun, try to keep players on the goal line.
- Encourage players to shoot low, below waist level.
- Remember, encourage successes and have fun with your players!
-- Call out more then 1 number so it becomes 2 v 2 or 3 v 3.
- For players a little older, have them perform 1 "move" or "turn" before scoring a goal from our individual skills page.
Total time estimated:
- 10 minutes is good for young players to enjoy this soccer numbers drill.