- For this quick feet exercise, set up a grid 25 yards wide.
- Have 2 groups of players, 1 on each side with a ball each.
- Players dribble across grid to other side using as many touches as they can.
- Players must use all skills/techniques they can; turns, step overs, toe drags, pull back, inside, outside, laces, bottom of foot, etc.
- Once players reach other side 2nd group goes.
- Players should take DOZENS of touches (50-75+) as they dribble, it is NOT a race, in fact the more touches the better.
- If done correctly with non-stop quick, short little steps/touches crossing the grid, players should feel a good workout from this exercise whilst improving their balance, ball control, and dribbling skills.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Call out turn for players to turn quickly and continue the dribbling. Can call right or left and have players perform a quick move and short acceleration in that direction, then they continue short, quick steps.
- Have players juggle across the grid; if ball drops just start from where it dropped.
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for this soccer quick feet ball control skill.