- Set up this keep away soccer drill with 2 teams of 5, 1 team in each grid.
- Set up 2 grids 20 x 25 yards.
- All balls should be with you, centrally just off to the side.
- You pass a ball into one side, and 2 defenders from the other team sprint in to defend.
- Attacking team must make 5 passes and then pass the ball to the other team to gain a point, the play continues and roles reverse.
- If defenders win the ball prior to the 5 passes, they can turn and pass it back into their side, reversing the roles and becoming the attacking team.
- If ball goes out of play, the play begins again with a ball passed into whoever the defending team was.
- There should be constant movement from the players.
- Passes should be accurate, and along the ground at all times.
- Players should be in constant communication with each other.
- 3 players not involved on defending team should still be moving within their grid.
- Passing and moving should be the focus.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Increase passes necessary to get a point.
- Add a 3rd defender.
- Add a goalie in the middle and set up 2 posts with flags, to gain the point players must "score" through the posts after the 5 passes.
Total time estimated:
- 10-15 minutes for this soccer 2-sides keep away drill.