- Basic cone dribbling is simple to set up; just have 2-4 lines of players and set up cones 1-2 yards apart (vary for difficulty).
- 1 ball per line beginning with the 1st player in line.
- 1 player from each line dribbles between the cones in their line, up and back through, then 2nd player goes when 1st player returns with the ball.
- Players should use short, quick steps taking a touch on the ball every step.
- Can do this as a race or just on an individual basis.
- Ensure as many touches on the ball keeping ball close to feet allowing for superb control, balance and quick turning ability.
- Players should use both feet, inside, laces, and outside of feet to dribble.
- Each set through, restrict to 1 aspect. For example, outside of feet only, inside only, must alternate inside then outside one foot only per set, only use bottom of feet pulling ball backwards through the cones, etc.
- Remember, encourage successes!
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for this soccer cone dribbling.