- Crab game is set up with a grid roughly 20 by 30 yards.
- 2 players start as defenders or "crabs" in the middle. They walk on the facing upwards on their feet and hands.
- All other players have a ball on one end line.
- As always, demonstrate what you expect from your players!
- Players A try to dribble to the other side of the grid without having their ball kicked out of the grid or controlled by a "crab".
- If a player loses their ball, they become one of the crabs!
- Winning player is last player standing with their ball.
- Works on players avoiding trouble and dribbling into space.
- Develops players ability to dribble while under pressure in a fun setting.
- Defenders should work together which builds communication and teamwork.
- Remember, encourage your players!
-- Have the defenders stand up defending as they would in a game.
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes is good for young players to enjoy this soccer crab game.