- Have 1 player defend the ball on a cone from 3 attacking players.
- Grid approximately 15 x 15, but vary based on player ability.
- 3 attacking players play keep away while looking for an opportunity to hit the ball in the middle with the ball in play.
- Attacking players must make 3 passes prior to trying to knock it over.
- Knocking over the central ball counts as 1 point.
- Attackers should be in constant movement looking for best supporting angle.
- Passes should be crisp and always to feet.
- As attacker receives the pass, they should open their body up to the field allowing them to face the entire field and pass to any direction.
- Change defender after 1 minute, track points per defender.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- To prevent defender from "cheating" by standing near the centre ball, allow a point for 10 consecutive passes on the outside, or set up a small box surrounding the ball on the cone that the defender cannot enter.
Total time estimated:
- 10 minutes for this soccer defend the ball game.