- Set up 2 goals roughly 7-10 yards wide for goalie battle.
- The goals should be roughly 15 yards facing each other.
- 1 goalie in each goal.
- Goalie throws ball towards opposite goal trying to score.
- Opposite goalie attempts to make save.
- Goalies take turns trying to score.
- If doing with team at younger age, this can be set up in a kings court format whereby winning goalie moves up a grid to face different goalie.
- Throw should be one hand overhand, or rolled underhand.
- Saves should be using proper goalie technique.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Widen goal or shorten distance to increase difficulty.
- Allow goalie to shoot with their feet (preferably at 20-25 yards).
Total time estimated:
- 10 minutes.