- This soccer goalkeeping drill just needs 1 player, 1 goalie, and 1 ball.
- Have your goalie begin in the 6 yard box, and you or a player near one of the sidelines.
- Cross a ball into the box, in different areas: back post, near post, goal line, 6 yard area, etc.
- Your goalie should meet the ball at the highest point possible, and catch comfortably with outstretched arms.
- Goalie then throws the ball back working the throwing accuracy.
- Goalie should be moving towards the ball to receive.
- Goalie should jump to meet at the highest point possible.
- Goalie should bring one knee up to 90 degrees as they jump to protect their body against an opponents challenge.
- Ball should be brought tight to their chest to retain control.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Add an attacker to the exercise to increase difficulty and make more it more like a game.
Total time estimated:
- 5 minutes for this goalie cross control drill.