- To work on goalie touches and movement, set up 3 cones off the goal line.
- 1 cone at the 6 yard box centrally, and 1 to the right, 1 to the left on the 6 yard box.
- Goalie sprints forward, touches central cone, back peddles to goal line while you shoot a ball at them.
- After that shot, goalie repeats but to the right cone.
- Repeat to the left cone.
- Repeat and side step to right post, touch post, then side step to centre for a save.
- Repeat to left post, touch post and side step to centre for final save.
- Shots can be kicked or thrown.
- Shots should be either straight at them to be held, or to a side for a diving save.
- If for a diving save, encourage the goalie to get up as quickly as possible and towards the next cone.
- All movements should be as quick and sharp as players' can do.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- A player at each cone throws a ball at goalies hands for a stand up save. Then the goalie should quickly throw ball back. (That quick touch should be similar to a set in volleyball, control on the hands/fingertips and quickly back).
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for these goalie touches.