- For numbers passing have a grid 30 x 40 yards
- Give each player a number.
- Players pass in numerical sequence: #1 to #2 to #3 etc as they move around the area.
- Use 2-3 balls to increase speed and awareness.
- Ensure players move all around the area, not just close to the players they pass to.
- The players should all be calling for the ball when their turn, and all be calling to the player they are passing to.
- Have players practice a turn, or move upon receiving the ball. For example:
- 1st touch into space with acceleration.
- Turn in another direction.
- Or try odd numbers 1 touch, even numbers 2 touch.
Total time estimated:
- 5-7 minutes for this numbers passing warm-up drill.