- To improve your soccer footwork, have players in groups of 7.
- 2 sets of 3 standing roughly 5-7 yards apart with 1 player in the middle, 2 balls on each side.
- Player B is in the middle for 60 seconds, and should be on his/her toes the entire time.
- B receives a pass from one ball on one side, and passes the ball to the vacant player on the same side.
- B then spins quickly 180 degrees to face other 3, 1 ball is passed in towards B, who passes to the vacant player again, spins and so on.
- Alternate which ball is played in towards B upon each spin.
- Players on the outside should call for the ball to help player B.
- Passes should all be 100% accurate.
- Players on the outside should also all be on their toes prepared, not flat footed.
- Ball should never be passed back to same person who passed the ball, always to the vacant player.
- Player B should be quite exhausted if done correctly after the 60 seconds. Being on his/her toes, spinning quickly, and thinking quickly requires concentrated focussing.
- Remember, encourage successes!
- Upon a pass being made, as player B spins have the outside players play the ball in quicker, therefore reducing reaction time and quickening feet and mind decision making abilities.
- Pick balls up and do the same process for volleys; thigh to foot for pass back, chest to foot for pass back, and headers.
Total time estimated:
- 7-10 minutes for this soccer fast feet drill.